It is again time to post my favourite images from the past year. Choosing these images is always a good exercise, though I did something a bit different this year. Usually selecting my images for my yearly calendar is a good basis for my top 10 selections. This year I ignored the calendar images, and went through all the photos I have completed from 2019 from scratch. I also set aside this selection of approximately 25 images and then went through all the 2019 images again a few weeks later. Often I wonder if my selections in these lists are just my favourites from the 20 minutes it took to choose them. So this year I went through the list a few times over a longer period.
I like sharing this list each year, and viewing everyone else’s lists as well. I also make this post so I can participate in Jim Goldstein’s annual Your Best Photos project. His collection of these posts is a great place to find new photographers you may not have discovered before.
If you click on a photo you’ll be taken to my Image Archive. I’ve also linked to corresponding blog posts that contain these images (if available) to provide more information about the location or to see other photos from that area. These photos aren’t in any specific order though I think the first one from Silver Lake may be my favourite. In this moment I’m writing this at least.
I hope you enjoy this years selections and am curious to hear if you have any particular favourites.
My Favourite Photos of 2019:
3. View of the City of Vancouver, North Vancouver, and beyond from Burnaby Mountain (Burnaby, British Columbia)
Blog post: View of Vancouver and North Vancouver from Burnaby Mountain
4. Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) at Godwin Farm (Surrey, British Columbia)
Blog post: Godwin Farm Biodiversity Preserve in Surrey
5. Wetland plants (reeds or sedges) growing in Katzie Marsh (Pitt Meadows, British Columbia)
Blog post: Katzie Marsh Loop in the Pitt-Addington Wildlife Management Area
6. Reflection of Mount Maxwell on a rainy day at Blackburn Lake (Salt Spring Island, British Columbia)
Blog post: Fall Foliage on Salt Spring Island
7. Gable Roof Barn (1898) and Gambrel Roof Barn (1939) at Annand/Rowlatt Farmstead (Langley, British Columbia)
Blog post: Annand Rowlatt Farmstead (1886) in Township of Langley
9. Baby Eastern Cottontail (S. floridanus) Eating Hawksbeard Flowers (Langley, British Columbia)
Blog post: Random Photos Volume II
10. Blanketflower (Gaillardia aristata) growing in a field at Blackie Spit (Surrey, British Columbia)
Blog post: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II Lens Review
You can view my favourite photographs from 2018 here: My Top 10 Photos of 2018.